Based in Katherine in the Northern Territory since 2000 Top Didj holds something for everyone.
Top Didj Cultural Experience & Art Gallery, 7kms from Katherine and 22kms from Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) offers a genuine Aboriginal Cultural Experience.
The Art Gallery showcases works by artists from the desert and Katherine region.
The Cultural Experience is run by Manual Pamkal, winner of the Tourism NT Brolga award 2013, for outstanding interpretive guide.
After playing a welcoming tune on the didgeridoo, Manuel talks about living the traditional way as a young boy and Aboriginal contemporary life today.
He will teach you the fine art of Rarrk Painting and give you the chance to paint your own masterpiece using a special brush made from a reed called Julk.
This fantastic 2.5 hour interpretive experience will provide many hands on activities such as:
• Learning about indigenous culture and art
• Paint a piece of Indigenous artwork
• Light a fire using two special sticks
• Throw a spear using a woomera
• Great Aboriginal Cultural Tour for the whole family
• Get to hold baby wallabies
• View and purchase some of the best Aboriginal art and didgeridoos in the NT
Open 7 days May through to October, 9am until 5pm.
Gallery free Bookings essential for Cultural Experience