About Tourism NT
Freedom of information and privacy
The Northern Territory Information Act (the Act) provides the community with rights to access government information, including personal information. The right to access information is limited in some circumstances. The Act also protects the privacy of personal information held by public sector organisations by giving individuals the right to access and the right to correct their personal information, and ensuring that organisations collect and handle personal information responsibly.
You have rights to make applications to Tourism NT on privacy and FOI matters. We encourage you to contact us first to discuss any application you wish to make. We may be able to assist you without the need for an application. Information on how to lodge an application is at the bottom of this page.
Your personal information
Protecting your privacy
Collection and use of information (including websites)
- on internet users based on their interaction with websites and social media accounts owned or operated by Tourism NT;
- on consumers provided to the organisation by the individual, a third party, such as a travel agent, or from a marketing organisation;
- on travel partners. Tourism NT and endeavour to seek the consent (express or implied) of the individual or their representative company to collect, hold, use and disclose this information. This information may be disclosed to Tourism NT’s tourism partners;
- relating to the employment, development and management of departmental personnel.
- participating in online forums, surveys and chat rooms
- posting information on bulletin boards or through social media
- completing nomination and application forms
- requesting information via email.
- the identity of the user’s Internet browser,
- the user’s operating system,
- the user’s IP address and domain name of their Internet Service Provider,
- pages accessed and down loaded by the user,
- the path of the user through Tourism NT webpages and their activity,
- the date and time of visits to the site
- the address of the last site the user visited.
- Tourism NT commercial and corporate offices located both nationally and overseas;
- Regional tourism organisations
- Cooperative marketing partners
- Third parties under contract to Tourism NT.
Lodging an application